View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 06:18 AM   #24
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
I'd love to see the lake the way it was, with larger pieces of properties. Where I grew up on Leavitt Shores was beautiful, guessing 8 acres, with 500' frontage, nice grand house. It would have been great if the town of Gilford, thinking of the future, didn't allow subdivisions, but the greed for more taxes, and the thought of elegant town buildings and town growth prevailed, and we have today three houses instead of one. I wouldn't want to live there today, it is now suburban, no longer any feeling of the rural life it used to be.

Towns need to get out of the business of subdivisions to further their own selves at the spite of future attractiveness of the area and future generations.

How does this relate to the Bahre property? Towns shouldn't be buying up property to preserve it, they should be making zoning and subdivision rules to limit the expansion. If I wanted to live on Long Island, NY, I would move there. Towns buying up things will just increase the bonding, such as Moultonboro wanting to build a new civic center. Great to get your name on a corner stone, but a disaster for the future tax rates, especially considering the result of the current progressive nature the country has followed in the recent past. The chickens will come home to roost, sooner than you think.

My opinion, based on a lifetime at the lake. I'm sure you have yours, and I will read it, but won't necessarily respond, I know right from, errr... wrong.
You have a nice fantasy but since it never will happen that is exactly why special places such as Camp Alton should be protected for all to enjoy. This isn't a liberal or conservative position. Enough said.