View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #44
iw8surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
I consider many of your statements in this thread as definition of fearmongering.

I get that you have concerns about safety however the only things cited that I've seen are: people in a group smoking, people wearing backpacks and a few stoners getting busted. None of those equates to a compromise in safety, IMO.
No fear mongering here just a purely negative based opinion. I use to use the WOW trail as I liked to ride my bike on it. From a cost standpoint I think it was projected in 2010 to cost 7Million. Personally I think that money could have been better allocated elsewhere. --- someone correct me if that $ figure is wrong.

To me, it seemed like a lot of money and a lot of logistics/ land arguments for something pretty simple. Where else that money could have been better allocated is a matter of opinion of what I think is more important than what someone else does so that's irrelevant.

But after living in the neighborhood for the past 8 years I have formed the opinion that Laconia is a much much different "lakes region town" than Meredith, Center Harbor, Sanbornton, Gilford, Moultonborough, Etc. I drive the scenic route through 5 of those towns and drive fast straight through one of them.
iw8surf is offline   Reply With Quote