View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 04:05 PM   #38
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
We stopped in for lunch today, our 1st visit. The new layout is fine for us, we sat at the bar with a good view. The old bar area had 5 tables setup, could have been 6 in there. A group of ladies came in and a long table was setup in that area. There are sliding doors that can be closed to accommodate a private party in that area. By the time that we left, the area to the right of the new bar plus the old bar area was filled, with mostly ladies out for lunch. Pretty much the clientele that used to lunch in the main dining area. In all I counted 14 dining tables with ample space between tables. The new bar and the tables in the main dining area were mostly filled by 12:30.

Our lunch was just OK at best. First, there was no draft beer. Zero. The taps are not yet operational. There was an OK selection of bottled and canned beer but that is just not the same. I had the Duck Confit sandwich which was rather bland and skimpy. The fries were classic Ellacoya fare, limp. My wife had the Bao Vegetarian sandwich. She, a light eater, described it as tasty but skimpy of filling. Looking at the menu back home, there was supposed to have been apple slaw but there were just the limp fries with the sandwiches.

The old bar area used to be a regular lunch spot, often on our way back out to Welch. So, we will try the Breeze again, just not right away.

Alan
The group of ladies were the South Down Shores Ladies Luncheon Group. They go to a different spot one Wednesday a month and then write/submit their findings to the South Down news letter. A few stopped to visit (begging me to reopen) and and a view consistent with what’s been shared here.

We all have to remember that before COVID there was a staffing issue for restaurants. COVID made it worst. For some the solution was to turn to SYSCO as the prep cook. Therefore, in many cases things like hand cut fries may be an offering of the past.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: