View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #33
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
The folks who think 5 watts amp and crappy speakers is music to their ears, it is downright noise to others. Especially all the rap music with four letter adjectives. They should be banned from NH.

I can live with Jimmy Buffett or Bob Marley through a 1500 watt amp and DCGold speakers. If I am at a sandbar, I would play it low unless the folks around me ask to hear the music. I never had a complaint!

I avoid the sandbars on weekends. Last Sunday, I happened to anchor at the West Alton sandbar and find it surprisingly civil!

I was told by another boater, the property owners along the sandbar calls every chance they get, so it has to be civil. he also told me to be prepared to move the boat if a property owner thinks you are anchoring too close, even if you are 300' out!
BH, the guy (I know who he is) who lives in the white dumpy camp has often got out in his kayak and attempts to "enforce" the 150 markers by telling people in boats to leave. The shoreline is not striaght and often he's actually wrong as to where the 150 ft line is. However, for a citizen to be acting in a way to enforce a boating rule is harassment.

I can tell you right now if he EVER tells anyone on my vessel to move I can assure you the court battles and restraininhg order will be filed. I'm "that guy" that he never wants to mess with

As for the 150 mark, given that is applies to some rafting areas and not others and impacts gatherings on public property, there are constitutional questions as the arbitrary way no rafting areas are even allowed to be obtained. The criteria to get a no rafting permit is flawed.

You can't claim one area of the lake needs 150 ft exclusion from shore from boats and not others. It smacks of elitism.

Trust me when I tell you that I was veeeeeerrry close to filing a lawsuit (also helps to have a lawyer in the family who agrees that the rafting rules are ripe for a legal challenge. Instead we're planning to sell the boat and get a pool.

I seriously hope that homeowner reads this as I'm tempted to park my boat close enough so he approaches my boat. It will be a day he (and his wallet) remembers.