View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #14
fatlazyless

About one half mile up the shoreline road from the Mount Washington dock down at the Weirs on Scenic Drive, there's a great big waterfront residential condo construction project that got started about last January at www.meredithbaynh.com. Drove by last week, and the earth moving construction is still underway with no above ground building in sight that I could see. Anyone know, WHAT'S THE LATEST with that sales/condo/waterfront build project high up the hill on Scenic Drive? Like, when do the buildings start getting built?

Just looking through the website for www.meredithbaynh.com which is located in Laconia and close to the Kellerhause www.kellerhaus.com/ store, which is a fantastic WEIRS BEACH ice cream and gift store, above Weirs Beach, there is no mention what-so-ever about Weirs Beach or Laconia? No mention what-so-ever about the City of Laconia or the Weirs Beach area which is where it is located. So what's the message there with Meredith Bay NH?

In a former life of say 20 to 50 years ago, the Meredith Bay NH location was the Brickyard Mountain Resort, which had its own rope tow, if I recall correct.

The little shopping area that is home to the permanently closed U.S. Post Office - Weirs Beach NH 03246 used to have a better mix of retail stores up till about ten years ago, when the large Tanger Mall down at Exit 20 opened up.

Every time I stop in at the Handy Landing for a terrific cup of steamy hot coffee, I always keep a lookout for Lloyd Bridges aka Mike Nelson, the Sea Hunt- scuba guy from tv! Weirs Beach is the greatest!

(Picture here the late, great Lloyd Bridges coming out the wood screen door onto the little front porch down at Handy Landing! Must be time to go diving!)

Last edited by fatlazyless; 08-07-2011 at 04:35 PM.