View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #58
TomC

Default tie-in with eastcoast flightcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Why would another marina on Winni have better luck selling Cobalts??... Thurstons has a very busy location, good sales people and great service after the sale. Boat sales are down everywhere not just in the Weirs! Goodhue and Hawkins Navy Yard is also a great marina with good service, but I just don't see how they are going to sell any more boats than Thurston's did...

Dan
G&H : cobalt, fountain, malibu (and ebbtide and tahoe for now?)
ECFC: cobalt, fountain, malibu

I bought my Cobalt at ECFC in Massachusetts and when I needed "on-lake" warranty service, they sent me to G&H (Thurstons was "not enthusiastic" about helping me which I understand since I didn't buy the boat there - i would have if they could have matched ECFC's price). There is some association between the two.. maybe co-ownership or maybe just informal, but there is some relationship there.

If G&H/ECFC is seen as a single dealer by the manufacturer, maybe they'll move enough boats between the two locations to satisfy the volume CObalt is looking for. My friends and I have bought 4-5 Cobalts and ECFC's prices were much lower - like 10-20%