View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #71
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Rusty, the more I hear about this, the more I agree with you. It is a political thing, not a racial thing. He dislikes the President for his politics not for his color. I also think that those who like the President are the ones who shouted the loudest about this.

The other thing that is interesting as you read what people (that are not from around here) write, is that they seem to think police commissioner is a big job because they say things like they hope he doesn't get pay or hope he doesn't get his retirement. WHAT? Retirement? It is practically a volunteer position. They can hardly get someone to run for it. People certainly aren't beating down the doors to become a police commissioner in Wolfeboro. Or any other elected office for that matter. Most of the positions this spring were unopposed.
tis,
I am as liberal as any liberal can be and I think that Mr. Copeland is a good person even though he made one HUGE mistake.
I've probably got myself in trouble here for talking too much politics but I think a very good persons reputation has been ruined because one person got offended by what she heard in a private conversation.