View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #31
Dad207

Location: Summer home at Echo Shores, Minge Cove; home in Baltimore MD

So, went there twice over the past weekend, First for a late dinner: we checked the website and found that the kitchen closed at nine. We kew we would get there 8:45 or 8:50 so we called ahead, and said we'd be late. Would the kitchen be open? A very friendly "yes"; got there just before closing. Ordered the $16 burger, brussels sprouts, fries, and onion soup. Soup was good, a bit thicker than traditional, not as beefy, lacking the gruyere topping but a solid effort. Crispy fried brussels sprouts excellent, and a very big serving, more than enough for two.
So, about the $16 burger. You get what you pay for. This one had top-quality beef, probably a full 8 oz. patty, cooked perfectly medium rare as ordered. Great sweet and smoky bacon, true brioche bun, huge mound of real fries-- My wife and I split it, and really enough, with fries, for both of us, and an appetizer. Quality excellent.

Went back for happy hour, bar clean, bright, and "Adirondack Contemporary" not too much, (a little lighter than Ellacoya, which I like); great maple bacon Manhattan, good take on a a traditional cocktail. My wife liked thre Smith Point Punch. Pretzel bites excellent (fondue, sausage and mustard) .

This place is not perfect: main dining room has nothing warm or cozy, menu is limited, servers still training. That said, we got a lot of genuine attention from people who cared about what was on the plate, and whether or not we were enjoying ourselves. Will come back for the mains: short ribs, pork, and medallions. It's a new restaurant with a lot of potential, hope they make it.
Dad207 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dad207 For This Useful Post: