View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSmokey View Post
I recently was introduced to the "difference". My first visit to a shop resulted in a rejection that was valid for a known issue. In addition to that known issue I was told that the vehicle needed an additional $1500-$1800 dollars of work, including brakes and brake lines which were replaced 2 years/7k miles ago. I brought the vehicle to a second shop the next day and again was told of the rejection for the known issue. But, every else looked good and the vehicle was approved after repairing the known issue. I had been prewarned by others of the tendency of "issues" to be found within the NH inspection system. This was my first experience in NH, as a new resident.
As the saying goes, "be careful out there..."
As you know when a car is inspected in NH the Inspection Station will make out a form that gives you the results. All the information is put in a data base that can be shared with another Inspection Station if you take it to them because the first station failed you.
It's a record that you have and if these Inspection Stations are using different criteria for pass and fail then you should contact the DOS and tell them. Bad brakes are bad brakes and they both should have either failed or passed you.