View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 05:30 AM   #10
ApS

Smile Give 'Em Time...

We went last Sunday and immediately noticed that the air-conditioning was broken! We shrugged to each another, and waited for our presence to be noticed. Our presence wasn't acknowledged for a few minutes, while take-out orders took preference.

A short time later, a burning rubber (belt?) smell signaled that the air conditioning had been fixed, although the sunroom-type entryway door remained open. That we could see, there were only two who composed the entire wait staff. (Note to self: Be sure to close the menu when ready to order)

We were pleased that the wait staff had a competent understanding of the English language; previously, we had to point to the items on the menu!

The previous owners were present for a short time, but not apparently "at work".

Our customary orders of General Tso's Chicken and Hunan Chicken took somewhat longer than usual to bring to the table. I noted that the volume of orange slices was about the same as the chicken on the plate! "Presentation" trumped entrée; however, we didn't leave hungry.

Somewhat "spiced-up", I asked how "the hot" had been made. The consensus agreed that more ginger had been added.

Service came with a smile and they were anxious to see that we had everything we needed. We'll go back, but give them a few weeks to get in some practice.