View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 08:21 AM   #5
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
I spoke to Laconia in hopes to hear about my abatement that I dropped off back in January. Not to my surprise it was not reviewed yet. I was told they canceled the April Meeting for board of assesors and do have a May meeting on the books for end of May but that as well could be canceled. I also know that as of now appeal results and second appeals have hard dates.

It got me thinking,
I was wondering why they couldn't use zoom or something to have their meetings and reviews, like the rest of us are doing, or conduct business from a distance one room end to the other.

Not saying this from a personal, get my appeal done, but just in general was wondering how govt officials in local towns are operating to keep business going. Marine Patrol and other groups are still conducting modified business
I can't speak to government officials or all states, but MA and NH teachers are very much using remote connections to both meet with colleagues/administrators and students. It's brutal sometimes—like virtually herding cats—but we think it's essential to provide routine, continuity, and connection.

I would think government officials could do the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Sponsored Links