View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 07:20 AM   #85
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I think the biggest difference is as follows:

Pro-maskers: Always pushing their positions and agendas on everyone, including those that have different beliefs about mask wearing. It’s clear that the “Karens” of society are pro-maskers, and are the ones getting in other people’s faces when they are not wearing a mask. How many reports have you heard about anti-maskers screaming at people for wearing masks? That’s right, zero is the answer.

Anti-maskers: This group has no problem with the pro-maskers wearing masks wherever and whenever they want. What they do have a problem with is the pro-maskers getting in their faces about mask wearing, all under the guise of “love thy neighbor” and compliance for “the greater good”. If the pro-maskers believe that the masks actually work, that’s great. Keep wearing them, but for God’s sake, please leave the rest of us alone. We don’t get in your face, so stay the hell out of our faces. The guilt angle about mask wearing will never work.
I think the biggest difference is as follows:

Pro-maskers follow science and accept that a little bit of give creates a better whole for everyone.

Anti-maskers scoff at science and embrace conspiracy theory in the name of justifying whatever it is they want at the moment.

I wear a mask in public because I accept that my freedom doesn't have the right to infringe on others'.

I also believe, however, that businesses, and other private institutions, should be able to choose how they approach masks (or ANY behavior) in terms of what's best for their businesses and customers.

I equate Covid to smoking. You have a right to smoke, but your smoking should not affect my freedom to breathe fresh air. And, when people are in public, the good of the whole supercedes the wishes of the one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: