View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 02:51 PM   #41
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default flexible staffing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Restrictions on Visas was true. Unsure how that will change this summer. But, full time summer help of old is gone forever, I believe. I must say, business today need to be more flexible with hours and labor. Many retirees in the area would love to hold a part time gig. But, many businesses have a difficult time with retirees. We need days off more then most. Can’t tackle all jobs. All day shifts on your feet don’t work. Injuries do occur. Adapt to survive
Agreed--I know of several businesses that have a workforce pool to draw from and a full time position to make the work assignments. It takes a certain level of employment to make this work such as owning several fast food places. Walmart has a reputation for hiring retirfees. I talked to a boat captain at Disney World awhile back. Retiree from Alton NH, once he had been hired and trained (to say "Magical" in every other sentence), he signed up for when he wanted to work, next three weeks or next three months, whatever and they worked him into the schedule. There's probably off the shelf software for this, but hiring is still tough for a small business on a short season.