View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 05:21 PM   #10
Cal Coon

Personally, I wouldn't worry about those cracks. I have an old Ebbtide myself, 1986 17' Dynatrak closed bow w/ a 115hp tower of power, in excellent cond for it's age. Last year I kept it on a dock in the association where I live, and the water got so low that the boat was bouncing up and down on the top of a big rock underneath it without my knowledge. I went to go out on it earlier this season, and the boat took on so much water, it almost sank!! I found a big crack on the bottom of the hull, and even though the boat is in great shape for it's age, it's not worth much, so I didn't want to put thousands into it to salvage it. I found 3M Marine High Strength repair filler (46012), on line and ordered it for like $50. I put a patch of that stuff on the crack, bought a new DA, and sanded it down nice and smooth, and it completely sealed this crack. The boat doesn't leak a drop of water!! This stuff gets hard as a rock!! You can drill it, tap it, put bolts through it, whatever, it's like steel!! I would highly recommend it, and try and do it yourself. It's not that hard to use, just follow the mixing directions, and go to town!! Good luck whatever you decide.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote