View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:29 PM   #19
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishman View Post
Funny - I used to like seeing deer along the roadside and geese flying overhead in the spring and fall. Now I see deer has more than just a landscaping pest - they are the key link to Lyme Disease which is a serious health hazard to anyone working in the yard or spending time in the woods and mountains. The threat is only growing. If I had a choice I would open up hunting season for does and bucks and significantly reduce their number.
As for geese, why they are still federally protected is beyond me. They pollute the lake and the shoreline like nothing that I have ever seen. Would love to reduce their number.
And this from a guy that is a bird watcher and general lover of wildlife.
There are open seasons for both sex deer either by firearm or archery. Trouble is, where the deer are problematic, it is probably a compact area that you can’t discharge a firearm in or need landowner permission to hunt.
There is a “federal” migratory waterfowl season’s as well. Same problem...can’t hunt the geese on golf courses or populated lake shores...but you CAN feed them Cheezits...we do have a resident cheezit expert on the forum here that can advise...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote