Thread: I feel old now.
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #15
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I bought a Pontoon this weekend after owning power boats previous to this one. As much as I would like to have a big Tri Toon with a big engine I'm on Waukewan and I could only fit an 18' at my dock and the one I bought would only take a max engine of 75HP.
It goes a blistering 25MPH with me and my wife. I'm sure the more passengers I add will reduce the speed dramatically.
My kids are giving me a hard time but they don't come up enough so it's about me and my wife's enjoyment now.
I told them if they want to water ski they will have to rent their own boat.
I think I can still pull the grand kids around on a tube, I hope!
Just wondering why you didn't consider a deck boat? I have a 23' cuddy cabin that I trailer, and I have days that I think about downsizing to a deck boat with an outboard for all the same reasons you mentioned. I was just looking at a 19' deck boat with a 115hp yamaha 4 stroke o/b. Just not ready to pull the trigger yet, but I'm starting to look for the right deal... I know toons are fast enough for water skiing and tubing these days, but I just prefer a fiberglass hull with toon seating when I decide to make my move...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote