Thread: Pontoon Boat?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #53
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNI BOB View Post
Hi;
I bought a used 25.6' "Premier Tri-toon" a couple of years ago, and I love it. ..Actually, flew to S. Carolina to see and buy it on "Craigslist" PAID $ 35,000....I have fished, snorkeled, and scuba dove the area around The Weirs for over 55 years. I have 25" tubes with 2 stabilizing ribs on each tube which holds the boat steady even on a high-speed turns. the center tube is actually an "OVAL" shape for more floatability. I have a 300 hp evinrude e-tec and I can do over 40 mph in 2' waves.

There are 4 swivel and reclining seats, bait-wells in front and in back.
Hard top bimini, tow bar for skiers, electric anchor ... all the bells and
whistles.

As for the "Kicker Motor"... If you go for a "BIG" motor you will need a small kicker to troll with... A big 300 hp will only troll down to about 2.5 mph... too fast for live bait.... Plus, slow trolling is not good for a big engine (gums up the plugs)

I keep it on a power-lift, and it's the nuts to pull in, press a button on my remote, and I'm up and out of the water in 10 seconds...no need to tie off with ropes. Same thing going out... 10 seconds and i'm out and fishing.

If you want to see, or, even go for a ride...e-mail me @ bobbycoff1940@gmail.com or call 617-678-1018

So WinniBob, what do you use for a kicker motor? I have a tri-toon that we troll with and I would like to add a 9.9 horse kicker. There’s a company that makes a product called “the toon kicker” which is a pontoon mounted kicker bracket but they are redesigning it and have not released the improved version yet.
Do you use a kicker or just the big Evinrude? We use our 150 Yamaha now and it trolls about 2 mph with a sea anchor.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote