View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 06:08 AM   #31
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocontester View Post
I don't think landowners have an issue with a majority of boaters who, like me, play music through stock speakers mounted within the boat playing at reasonable (comfortable) levels. My hunch is that the issue is with those boats with speakers mounted on a tower that projects back towards the skier/wake boarder/tuber etc. It's obvious that in order for someone riding the water to hear the music over the noise of the engine the volume would have to be pretty loud. If you are a resident you will no doubt hear the music blaring as the orientation of the tower mounted speakers are pointed in your direction. I'm not sure this will ever be solved......but it sure makes for an entertaining thread.
I agree that the mounting and volume of the music being played are the critical factors. I rarely even notice the music played on a conventional boat with cockpit mounted speakers.

I do wonder if the boaters with the loud music from tower mounted speakers realize that they may be offending upwards of 100 families who just happen to enjoy the peace and relative quiet of their waterfront homes. At least when the loud exhaust boats go by the noise lasts for only a few seconds. When one of these wakeboard boats sets up to take 5 friends skiing in the area of your house you can count on your peace and quiet being disturbed for quite a while.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote