View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
camp guy

Default Unwanted phone calls

I don't want to touch the "third rail" and enter a political discussion, but I do want to ask if anyone else seems to be experiencing an unusually high number of unwanted phone calls from any number of organizations who are soliciting funds? I'm talking about political groups, social groups, ethnic groups, social science research groups, educational organizations, public safety groups, etc., etc.

All these groups "realize times are tough" and "don't want to ask for money right now", but they would like a "committment" so they can go forward with their budget and planning process.

I have steadfastly told these callers that I do not do anything over the phone - they need to send me literature and I will consider it. I never give a $$ amount over the phone. Recently, I received what amounted to a dunning letter because I hadn't sent in the money the caller had suggested as the appropriate amount to send in. I hadn't sent in any money !, but they wanted more !?.

Maybe it's just me, but I was just wondering if anyone else was getting these obnoxious calls, too.