View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #63
Descant

Thanked 1,508 Times in 982 Posts
Default Lasso?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Ha, well normally I would agree and be onboard for a challenge, truth is I probably have enough of the items in the house at the moment, but karma being what it is, EVERY time I try to save a buck on something like this it backfires in my face. So for such items I now just give up and buy the commercial product and avoid the potential problems of failure with some home-made item that I will be asking others to use (my wife - other passengers - etc)

Maybe if I was the only one using it I might take the chance, and I encourage others to give it a try and tell me how stupid I am for blowing a bunch of cash on a simple product, but I'm just too old and tired to deal with the consequences of trying to save a buck, it just never works for me.

Suggestion genuinely appreciated, just too risk averse these days.
Use your existing line like a lasso. Put the bitter end through the braided loop and make loop about 3' in diameter. Throw/drop it over the post and pull tight, fasten to a cleat. Save $8.17 or $125, as you please. Use power on to hold you against the dock while other lines are tended to.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote