View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 11:32 PM   #1
patman

Default The Bridge diner - Wolfeboro

My wife and I have been to The Bridge twice recently, lunch about a week ago, and breakfast today.

Short version: It's good! We'll be back again.

Longer version:

I'll leave the history lesson out, but the diner across the street from Bootleggers in downtown Wolfeboro is open again as The Bridge. (Formerly the Wolfeborough Diner) It's the same layout as the former incarnations, counter stool seating as well as booths.

The hours are Wednesday - Sunday 7am-2pm, closed Monday and Tuesday

They run a breakfast menu until 11am, then switch to lunch fare until close. Sundays they do the breakfast menu all day.

For breakfast today we both ordered 'The Bridge', which is 2 eggs, toast, a meat side (sausage links or patties, or bacon) and a second side of homefries, hash browns, or beans.

Coffee was good, and refills were offered at appropriate intervals. The food arrived surprisingly quickly, and was very good. Total for two (before tip) was just under $20.

For lunch on the previous visit, we had a grilled cheese/tomato/bacon sandwich with a side of fries, and a tuna melt sandwich, with a pickle spear and a side of chips. The bread was very good, as were the sandwiches as a whole. The sides were generous and tasty, and the service was very good.

We really enjoyed both visits, and we'll be back!
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to patman For This Useful Post: