View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 01:55 PM   #14
KGPrince

My family bought Mountain View Farm in 1934 and after some research found the property had been a Grant from the the Kings spool it became the Kings Grant Inn. Over the next 8 -9 years it became one of the top places to go for dinner or corporate meetings. Guests would come by train and stay for the summer also groups of employees from such businesses as I J Fox in Boston would come by the bus load for 2+ weeks. My father was the King, my mother the queen, my sister the princess and I was the prince, this is where I grew up. In 1945 we sold the Kings Grant to two couples, one was named Carlson, the both came with their inlaws, they did not own it very long, they sold it to Ralph and Margaret Krause, they turned it into a first date resort that had a wonderful reputation. When they sold the Grant it went down hill and was sad to see. At one point the bank owned it and it went to the auction, a lot of the rooms were condemned. I did have some happy memories there. The info that was posted was from when Ralph Krause owned it. I live in Rhode Island now and my son, who lives in Florida saw the post and sent it to me. Someone mentioned the toboggan slide. My dad built it and it was quite a thrill going down the slide and staying in the built up trail thru the field then ending up by the woods.

Last edited by KGPrince; 05-20-2020 at 05:47 PM.
KGPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KGPrince For This Useful Post: