View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:16 PM   #15
gravy boat

Default Proper training

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
They can ask the question all they want, but they'll never know until it happens.

Again, as a teacher I think about this a lot. From many reports, I'm not even sure most people would be familiar enough with the sound of gunshots in a building to be adequately prepared. Remember, the initial post is about non-LEO people.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Well I guess we just keep doing what we are doing and hope it doesn't happen again? It's easier that way and we don't have to think of bad things or step out of our comfort zone.

But seriously - what about sending school staff to classes to recognize signs and sounds and what to do to keep kids safe if not carrying a firearm? And then also send some staff to firearms training at Sig Academy or similar so there are actually some people trained and willing to protect the students?

Funding? Bet it can be found. It is the cost of the Training. Those who are willing to carry and protect probably already own a firearm so school districts don't need to fund what some may consider "unsavory", thereby avoiding the expected complaints about the district buying firearms.
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote