View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #35
Kracken

Boating rules are pertinent to boating discussions and the speed limit is certainly a boating rule. With that being said, it really is not necessary for every discussion to end up being about speed and organizations that are pro and con. Most members are proficient in directing a discussion back on track (and so is Don).

I don’t like that fact that some members are frequenting this site less because of speed limit talks (and undertones). I can understand member’s frustrations when a thread about tapping for maple syrup turns into a bare fisted brawl over a big loud boat running down kayaks in a no wake zone. Somebody already mentioned “if you don’t like it, change the channel”. Unfortunately that does not really apply here. Too many threads get hijacked and end up turning to speed limit talk. I am somewhat expecting to see a cooking thread turn into a speed limit debate (it would be interesting to see how that transition could be achieved).

Although the speed limit is law, the debate rages on. Folks throughout the lakes region are still talking about the changes on the lake and probably will for some time to come. There is no place for open debate on the speed limit here on Winni.com, so it proliferates its self (albeit thinly veiled) everywhere.

There is enough subject matter on Winni.com for everyone’s interests. If members stay on topic, this site should remain enjoyable for all. I do apologize if I have steered a topic off track in the past. please feel free to throw an if it happens again and I will happily delete my post.