View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 06:47 AM   #24
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,146 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
I don’t believe this is true having talked with several marinas. the gas is treated. I’m not positive but I would think selling 87 octane Out of an 89 or 93 pump would be illegal.
A lot of things are illegal but the problems only occur when someone gets caught.
For years people used heating fuel with no road use tax in diesel vehicles. That became a little more difficult when they started dying the non taxed fuel so you could tell the difference. Now the fine is $10,000. (but it is free if you don't get caught).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
Startron stops carburetor problems. Been using it for 25+ yrs and haven't had a problem yet. I also use K100 on the first and last tank of anything that sits in storage when it's out of season. K100 burns water better than startron, but I've been using startron for so long with no problems, I'm not going to change that. JMHO
I understand what you are doing to be sure that you don't have any problems. But, I average 200 to 350 hours per year in boats or jet skis and pay no attention to treating the fuel except for Sta-Bil in the last tankful for anything that gets winterized.

I use whatever fuel is available from marinas (and gas stations on the road when the boats are on a trailer) and have never had a fuel related problem. That has worked well for over 50 years.

I sometimes wonder about all the hype and discussion regarding treated fuel. But I could be wrong.
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote