Thread: Loon Chicks
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #21
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Thanks, glenn, glad you enjoyed seeing it. You are right, when I was a kid, I never remember seeing a loon and maybe that is why it is so exciting for me to have them back. These loons are like pets to us. They know us and know our voices. (They should know mine since I talk to them all the time. LOL) They even know our dogs and are not afraid of them. They feel safe with us and that makes me happy. When someone else comes they are very cautious- my neighbor's grown kids came with their dog and the loons immediately left. We had company come with a dog and they left. Yet our dogs don't bother them at all. Oh, and they hate when an airplane flies over. I guess anything that is different to them!! These two loons have been here for a long time. When my neighbors first moved here, the lady swam over to see me. She passed the loon on the way and she asked me if I saw the loon attack her. She was really nervous. Apparently the loon wasn't familiar with her and she went a little too close. After I went out on a tube to see if the loon would get upset if I went close and the loon didn't
They don't like the noise from fireworks at all.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote