View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #18
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
Please tell me the difference between a Verizon store and a Verizon Cellular sales store. I found out the hard way there is a difference. Am not happy with my phone.
The Verizon stores are hit/miss these days. We got new phones last week...finally retired our iPhone 6+ and upgraded to 11 Pro. Nice (pricey) phones.
“Because of the covid” the sales guy said, “we cannot handle the phones and have to give you everything unopened, in the boxes.” We had to activate the new phones ourselves with the automated “old to new” conversion ourselves. Well, my wife and I had the exact same new phones so I picked a box and started activating my phone. After a while my wife’s number appeared and I realize this was somehow supposed to be HERS so I stopped and grabbed the other box and started over again. Well my phone finally came to life. My wife’s’ however was in activation limbo and she could not get it to activate. Only after several hours of “chat” with numerous Verizon “chat techs” was she able to finally get her new phone up and running. Not fun.
What I find funny is that the sales guy had no problem “handling” all the unopened boxes (phones, cases, glass protectors, etc) yet “couldn’t” open them and perform the activation service.
Just another “excuse” not to do his job I suppose...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote