View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 07:14 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by feb View Post
Do you list all boat drivers in your household on your insurance policy or just yourself? I list our family of four but my wife never drives and my young but technically adult-aged kids only drive occasionally. I'm looking for ways to reduce the premium and wondering if I really need all 4 of us on the policy.

I guess the other side of this is, if I only list myself and my wife decides to drive one day is she technically "uninsured"?
Check your policy but normally its the boat your insuring not the drivers. My insurance company has never asked me about "drivers" the boat is simply insured no matter who drives it as long as that person is legally able to drive the boat.

I would also bet that the up charge would be so minimal to include the rest of your family it would not be worth the change.

I would call your carrier and ask the same questions you are asking here. If your unhappy with their answers, it may be time to shop around for a new insurance carrier.

As an fyi...I use progressive for all my boats and they have been great both price wise and service wise!

Good luck!

Dan