View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #67
birchhaven

Phantom,
I did notice the first post and I have been observing for years a lot of shannigans on the restaurant forum. New laker may be genuine. I did notice there is fairly new negative restaurant poster in our mist who slipped up earlier today and revealed what restaurant they actually work at /own/have interest in. Anyone else notice this?
I for one have always had a good experience at the crush house.
BHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Well --

Let's start with did anyone notice that this was "New laker's" first post ! (just saying)

As it turns out, my wife & I decided to try Juniors out this past Sunday for lunch. Having never been there, yet read the reviews I must admit they have a VERY unique concept going for them.

Sofa & chair (al la Starbuck's) on the ground floor (didn't notice if there was a fireplace- which would be nice in the Fall/Winter), normal table area upstairs with a huge - well appointed bar off the dining area (two wide screen TV's), Outside tables for 4 on the porch facing MountainView Y.C. and a cool gaming area fenced in at the back of the restaurant with Adirondacks & tables.

As for the staff, they were quite engaging and attentive
As for the food, it was only lunch - but the Steak & Cheese that I had was FABULOUS with clearly fresh ground beef (not minute steak) and my wife's burger was the similarly good. But again -- a simple lunch - nothing to write a restaurant review over. Overall the menu looked quite varied and can't wait to pop in for dinner.

As we are soon to be moving to that area .... I am glad we stopped ... as now we have found a new home/haunt ..... hopefully not as packed as Patrick's seems to get

(that is NOT a knock on Patrick's -- rather a compliment -- but still typically a wait to be seated)

birchhaven is offline   Reply With Quote