View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #35
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
I know this first hand as I received a ticket on my snowmobile for an aftermarket exhaust. I knew exactly what the law stated and knew it was basically unenforceable so I pleaded not guilty and won. Needless to say, I don't ride with an aftermarket exhaust anymore on my snowmobile because I don't want to go through the hassle, plus trails are always in danger of being closed because they are on private land. So who won in this instance? I didn't have to pay a fine, but it kind of forced me no to ride with a loud exhaust anymore? On the other hand, the lake nor the roads will never be shut down.

Sounds like the state won. If you had to appear in court to fight an "unenforceable" ticket every time you operated a loud vehicle, even if not convicted, you've already proven that the hassle of a court appearance will make you take the loud pipes off. When cops stop you for loud pipes, it's not like most speeding tickets that are just revenue enhancement, you are being stopped becuase they want you to lose the loud pipes, the fine is irrelevant to them.