View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 06:38 AM   #31
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts
Post I love loud motors too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Shreddy, OCD, we're just going to have to disagree here. The loud boats are an annoyance (and motorcycles) and they will be a constant reminder to the speed limit proponents.

You're shooting yourself in the foot, you will loose the ability to use you boats in a responsible manner. Someone will videotape a couple of nice boats with open exhausts zooming by the camera at a close angle. The boats will be going 40 mph but the sounds and angle will make it seem like 80 mph.

Same thing with motocycles. The crappy economy and rainy bike weeks has delayed the axe but you know people will be out gunning for that next.

BTW I just under 50 and I bought my first motorcycle with dishwashing money at 15.
I love the sound of relatively loud bike or big block but I know that not eveyone does and because of that my old HD has a fair amount of its baffles still in place and my 455 powered Olds has mufflers. The old boat has thru hub exhaust so that is quiet. The snow machines have stock exhaust.

I guess I am the opposite of some, I like to run under the radar screen. I have always liked sleepers