View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #43
Gearhead

I was in Buffalo on business. I was scheduled to fly out of Buffalo-Niagara at 2:00 and I was in a conference room finishing some last-minute details when people rushed into the room and turned on the TV. We watched the second plane fly into the building and I thought "we're getting invaded!" I drove my rental back home to NH, watching convoys of 20-plus state troopers F-L-Y-I-N-G down I-90. I still remember the large lighted sign over the highway saying that all traffic into the city was closed.

The next day I drove to Hanscom to pick up my car and there was a group of four strangers (three men, one woman) who were all driving to Texas and were waiting in the terminal for someone to bring in a rental car.

My company also had a trade show in Las Vegas (PMMI) and a large contingent of them were "stuck" at the Bellagio. One of the salesmen who drove there from Los Angeles BOUGHT a new Suburban, then loaned it to eight or so co-workers to drive back to South Carolina, then Massachusetts. Imagine the mileage writeoff!
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote