View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #40
ApS

Exclamation Avoid This Area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja View Post
I find it interesting you completely ignored this paragraph (quoted below for those that didn't read the entire article);

Quote:
Observers say that two key moves could dramatically decrease boating fatalities: increased use of life jackets and boating education. According to Coast Guard data, two-thirds of victims in boating fatalities drown, and only 10 percent of deaths occurred on boats where the operator had received boating safety instruction.
Was that just an oversight on your part or did you intentionally skip it because it doesn't mention speed limits as a key issue?? Knowing your penchant for cutting and pasting, I'd have to guess it was intentionally ignored! Not surprising coming from you.
1) I intentionally ignored it, as the article was already very long.

2) "Boating education" was omitted because most of Lake Winnipesaukee's moving violations are of New Hampshire-specific RSAs. I originally missed this older article because it appeared in Massachusetts—where...um...well, you know...

3) I also ignored it because the vast majority of "life jackets" sold today are stamped inside with this disclosure:

... Not tested above 50-MPH...

Everyone who—drunk or sober—chooses to exceed Winnipesaukee's speed limits is presently protecting themselves with $300 top-flight PFDs—am I not correct?

The "life jackets" issue is therefore also irrelevant.

4) If you don't like debates and arguments, you should avoid this area!