View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #79
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Like FLL's? ACKKKK! Horrors! That just can't be!

FLL, actually, wherever he's from—could out-Yankee any Yankee I know. I particularly appreciate his posts on cottage maintenance. I acknowledge him as one of the earliest and likeable member at this forum.

As to cryptic—I don't think there's been a change.

...but sorry about that... ...I'll attempt some clarifications through a summary:

1) Gallbladder or kidneystones are the worst pains humans can encounter. (Pets, too!)
2) Childbirth is less painful
3) Kidneystone pain has a long onset, and begins with an ordinary dull pain in the lower back.
4) When properly anticipated, opioids offer relief after 20 minutes—but only because you're sleepy (and still in pain).
5) When that dull back pain in the lower back fails to materialize as an intense pain, the pre-emptive taking of opioids will erase all the ordinary pains that we tolerate day-to-day.
6) I advise not taking opioids for that ordinary pain and definitely not for recreational use. I suspect an addictive component to both.
7) You can drive after taking the opioids Hydrocodone or Oxycodone—just not with the full attention that driving demands. ("May cause drowsiness, alcohol intensifies effect, breathing problems if dose is exceeded, use care when operating machines, etc.)
8) Being "risk-averse" means don't do any jumping from perfectly good aircraft.
9) Except for one instance, I've never stayed around people who use any illegal drug. (Edit from my earlier post here: There were two road-racing encounters which I'll save for the blog here).
10) Not just for the children—I advise staying away from any persons who could enable your addiction to anything. For example, drug-addled actor Robert Downey, Jr. was introduced to MJ at age eight.
11) There is no smoke that is harmless to breathe.
12) Recreational drug use increases the cost of healthcare for all who pay insurance premiums: X-Generation's Medicare recipients may "break the bank".
13) I vote for no methadone clinic anywhere near me—and Laconia is too close.

Heck, Montreal is too close.

Clear as a bell...thank you APS!!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote