View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #27
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts
Default Shelter

AC,

That is really where the shuttle to the Long Island Shelter picks the homeless up- the methadone clinic moved across the highway to a spot right near the Boston DPW yard. The shuttle location does make for some interesting conversations while waiting for the Melnea Cass/ Mass Ave lights to change. Some of the regular sales people/ panhandlers are pretty cool actually!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
BEFORE ANYONE READS THIS NOTE I DO NOT THINK THAT THESE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT GET HELP THEY SHOULD, JUST NOT IN A AREA THAT LIVES OFF OF TOURISM
In Boston there is alreay a "riff raff" problem as we all already know this but the problem is more than that, they hang around the area, stand on the street corners and try to clean windows sell flowers and beg for anything they can get their hands on. Also you do not have to be a resident of that particular area to be welcomed at the clinic so that sum 200 will increase drastically because it will the only one North of Concord and then where are these people going to go if they need thier daily dose of Methadone, well they will stay in the area becasuse they will not be able to drive back and forth or in most cases have the money to drive back and forth.
Also that brings crime because off the money. Like I said these people need help but it should not be in the front of one of NH's biggest income area for the summer. The one here in Boston, and they are in multiple areas around the state, has a line around the block everyday and then as a outpatient care, they just hang around the outside of the clinic, and this is in the view of the police as they have a daily post there as well. This is a bad thing for this area. I welcome anyone to drive to Boston, go to Mass Ave to the side of Boston Medical Center/ BU medical center and sit there for a day and see what the area is like. I have to travel there at least once a month and it is not a comfortable area, especially when you have to shoo people away from bothering you and you have to dodge people sitting on the sidwalks and relieving themselves and sitting on the stairs.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote