View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
JayDV

Default Is the clinic the problem?

I may be mis-reading all of your thoughts here, but I would like to describe what is happening down here in southern CT. Granted our suburbs are prosperous areas but they are also inundated with the drug problems of our inner cities. Here is a link to a local paper article describing what is being faced. These problems are just a local representation of trends being established all accross the country by the youth. And even those places believed to be Paradise may get a share of them.

local heroin prob

The clinics being set up are for those people that want to get off of a drug dependancy and these people might not even be old enough to have a driver's license. These people in need of help could even be adults trying to cope with life's up(per)s and down(er)s. They could be us or our neighbors or their families.
These clinics are also to help the ones still in a family situation. There are people in bigger cities that live in down and out conditions and scrounge for a buck for a "fix" but they don't just travel to the next clinic hoping to hang out. I think if you travel through your towns and cities now, you will see the street people you are worried about already there.

When you don't feel you can depend on adults, the youth has turned to drugs since the mid 60's. But if they want help where do they go? According to the above article, even their own parents may have given up.

And in full disclosure, yes I was a child of the 60's but never so far as dependency. But helping friends kick addiction is not easy for patient or friend, physically or emotionally. Work to find a satisfactory solution.
JayDV is offline   Reply With Quote