Old 09-22-2016, 05:53 PM   #68
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
The M.S. St Louis tragedy on about May 27, 1939:

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_St._Louis

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordell_Hull

Big surprise: Secretary of State Cordell Hull, an Episcopalian, was married (1917-1954, her death) to a Jewish woman, Rose Witz, originally from Austria.....and he advised President Roosevelt not to let the M.S. St Louis dock ashore and unload Jewish passengers into the United States.

Cordell Hull remains the longest serving secretary of state, for 11-years, from 1933-44.

Times have changed since 1939; today's 114th congress, 2015-2017 has 10 Jewish senators, 9-Democrats and 1-independent, and the House of Representatives has 18-Democrats and 1-Republican.

Am trying to determine what was number of Jewish senators and congressmen in May, 1939? It had to be much fewer than today?

So, how does this relate to today's two candidates, Hillary vs Donald ...... which one is the better choice and why?
Hillary - After all her so called experience, years as head of the state department, senator and so forth still is unable or unwilling to identify who the problem is and continues to endorse subjecting the American people to suicidal policies such as importing 10s of thousands of refugees from a part of the world where we 1. know is an incubator for terrorism and 2. terrorists organizations have openly stated their goal is to infiltrate this population with their kind to continue carrying out attacks against this nation and others. Need I remind you with quite a bit of success as well. Now either her and BO have rocks in their heads or have an agenda they are operating on that is clearly not in our best interest as a country. We owe these people nothing, nor have any obligation to take them in. So she can take her so called experience and shove it you know where because this is simply insanity. Haven't we seen enough violence already or do we really need to keep the doors open and readily invite more in all in the interest of being PC? Those people don't like us, never will and will not be happy until everyone submits to their twisted ideology.

Trump on the other hand at least (with no so called "experience") can easily identify who the problem and suggests simply shut the freaking door. Furthermore states that unless or until we are in a position to properly figure out who these people are, where they came from and under what circumstances their entry into this country is beneficial to us, no entry. To that point his ideas of putting some level of scrutiny on those that are already here certainly makes sense as well.

Seems pretty darn logical to me... but then again having been to the middle east in the gulf war I saw enough to know that I don't like or want that kind of violent chaos, stone aged culture or their crazy religion (I use that word very loosely) here in the US. We have enough problems already to deal with - why openly import more?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: