Thread: US Coast Guard
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #33
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Well I certainly do NOT welcome the CG Auxillary to do unwarranted safety check stops to peaceful boaters on the lake and not sure why on earth you would want that type of intrusion! That is not their job and that is not my understanding of what they will be doing. Voluntary safety vessel checks at docks, sure, absolutely it's a great service, but no way do I condone the Auxillary "patrolling" the waters looking for vessels to board and checked at their discretion...NO WAY!

Also, since when is Winnipesaukee an unsafe place to boat?? During the entire speed limit debate you and many members of SBONH (including myself) relied on the safety history of the lake as the backbone to the argument against speed limits. Now all of a sudden the lake is unsafe without the CG Auxillary??... What gives you can't have it both ways??...

Personally I think the Marine patrol has been doing a great job even with their limited budget and the lake is and has been a safe and fun place for families to enjoy without any further town, state or federal intrusion.

Why fix what isn't broke?

Dan
Very well said Dan!

The US Coast Guard Auxiliary should volunteer to report to the NH MP and take their Aux uniform off while on the Lake. If the NH MP wants to give them a uniform that makes them feel that they are part of the MP then go ahead and do it.

If the Aux has so much time on their hands that they can volunteer to patrol Lake Winnipesaukee then make them part of a volunteer force of the NH MP.

We don’t need people dressed up like US military police patrolling NH's inland waters.

Maybe I’ll dig out my old Air Force uniform and wear it while boating on the Lake. Then I’ll get my boat painted red, white, and blue and put antennas all over it. That should keep people in line when they see me.