View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #32
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Well. I guess we can all just sit back in our lazy boy chairs and take a wait and see attitude then. I mean Government certainly hasn't messed up this country so far right? So why should it in the future? If everyone has the view that nothing is wrong out there, the future is looking very bleak for the next generations.
I'm not saying that nothing's wrong with our government; in fact, I think there's quite a lot that's wrong. And I wish that everyone had an opinion on what the government does and how they do it; that would make for a much more involved electorate, which is something that we definitely need.

BUT- as a famous politician once said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but no one is entitled to their own facts (or something like that). Using false information in the political process, or any other process, is harmful in the long run.

UN Agenda 21 "is is a non-binding, voluntarily implemented action plan of the United Nations with regards to sustainable development." All or any part of it cannot be and will not be implemented against the wishes of elected governments in the United States, never mind the fact that some of its provisions are likely unconstitutional.

George H.W. Bush never said "It is the sacred principles enshrined in the United Nations Charter to which the American People will henceforth pledge their allegiance." The quote was likely made up as a scare tactic to advance a theory that there are certain interests in this country that want to see a "New World Order" with a unified world government which would mean the end of national sovereignty.

You can find lots of crazy stuff on the internet; that's easy. Separating the wheat from the chaff takes a little more effort. Nobody said democracy was easy.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post: