View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 07:49 AM   #16
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired At Last View Post
Hi AC2717, Capt of the "No Worries",

Your post indicates you have visited this structure - please tell us what it is and why it is there. Does it have anything to do with the fire department, as in a training tower maybe? Do you happen to have a photo to share? Any info to help identify this structure would be appreciated. My family's schedule will keep me off the lake until the following week so I will not be able to get a photo until then. Wish we had cruised across the bay when we were over there for a closer look.
It is a Friends residence in our cottage association. We are required to stay in the same footprint and Laconia allows for up to 35feet height, which that is below by a couple of feet. I went up as well, but not to the height and kept it more old school style. WE have the other two to the right in the photo that we used to call the twin towers, those have been there 9 and 5 years respectively.

I am sorry, but I will not post interior photos or anything about it without permission from the owner, also it is still under construction. Materials and workmanship is quality for sure and is probably 2-3 months away from completion

I believe you will see a lot more of this as families that grow that own cottages will go up for more space.