View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 12:35 PM   #19
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Yes sounds great as long as your able to do this. I'd guess the "average" person who's challenged by any more than an oil change would not be comfortable attempting what you suggest. When people ask for advice and names I just love all the "it's easy do it yourself responses." I'd be comfortable attempting surgery if I'm a surgeon most people asking these questions are doing so for a reason. I realize Plumbing is easy for a plumber, doesn't mean I have a clue what I'm doing.
Not "challenging" you in particular just venting more than anything.
Yes, I get that, but here is my take on it. The engine is running, it just started making some noise. The collective here has surmised that the boat is probably not worth a new or rebuilt engine. Here's the rub, it's still running and probably still running well. If the alternative is to either get rid of it or dump more money into it than it is worth, why not just keep running it until it doesn't run any more? It could last another 1,000 hours making that ticking noise. It's not an airplane engine, if it fails you on the water you call for a tow. Meanwhile it could run for years costing nothing but fuel and oil changes and a little pm.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote