View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 10:59 AM   #30
ApS

Lightbulb Michelin Has a Factory in South Carolina...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John E View Post
(responding to NH.Solar) I bought a used SUV in March with the Cross Climates and they have been great since, and I'm surprised to see they have the 3 peak rating. Looking forward to see the snow performance. At this point I'd highly recommend them with my limited experience, combined with a lot of reading reviews.
An engineer friend from eastern Massachusetts (formerly of Connecticut) recommends Michelin Cross Climates, but keeps a set of Nokia Happalita for serious winter use. (VW Golf and Hyundai Elantra).

Tires that are sold on new cars (and trailers) are usually the cheapest in every regard, so your used SUV purchase was a good "happenstance".

Every new cheap tire rides smoothly for about six months. My Coopers got hard-riding and noisy, so I got credit towards Firestones in Manchester. A year later, I found a boat owner who wanted noisy Firestone car tires for his boat trailer, so I got a good used-tire price and bought new tires recommended for a long-lasting and quiet ride.

Today, I've got great Hancook tires (made in Malaysia ) about seven years old. Next season, I'll advertise my used car tires for boat trailer owners, and likely get another set of Hancook tires. (Pending research--of course).
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote