View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 09:19 AM   #6
Little Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat View Post
Does anyone know if there are any established quiet hours or curfews on the lake? I am talking about early morning skiers who circle repeatedly with a boat that is powerful and noisy. Voices from the skiers are also loud as they cheer each other on and switch skiers. Is this allowed as long as the sun is up or are there other guidelines?
A few years ago, I was at my house on Little Bear Island. It was early evening, and we had some friends over for watersports, dinner and other normal activities that people do in the summer. We had some music playing that we could barely hear down at our dock. Well some RAT from Long Island decided that our music was too loud, and called the cops on us. The Tuftonboro Fire Boat showed up with a town cop riding on the bow. The cop threatened me with arrest if I didn't turn down the music (which again, we could barely hear from the dock). Public relations at its finest........

To make a very long story short, I followed up with the Tuftonboro PD to inquire as to who made the RAT call, and also to find out if Tuftonboro had any kind of noise ordinance that I was violating. I was told that the Town didn't have a noise ordinance, but they follow the State of NH law for disorderly conduct. I asked for the RSA #, and they gave it to me - RSA 644:2 :

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lxii/644/644-2.htm
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Bear For This Useful Post: