View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 06:40 PM   #11
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default NW wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
From the Barber Pole to just before the Graveyard and just after Moultonborough Bay were all almost flat as a pancake—that's why I'm wondering how much of this was simply a direction/confluence of winds.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
The winds were forecasted this morning by WMUR to increase from the NW as the day went on. That has the wind pretty much coming right down the Broads from Center Harbor to Alton Bay.

Any day we were going out ln our boat, we paid particular attention to forecasted wind speed and direction, and made our plans accordingly. Once out, I had an app on my phone that did a pretty good job of keeping up with wind increases. That was the good news. Bad news is that I deleted the app when I sold my boat in 2019, so I can't pass on the name of the app. Others have posted their choices for wind apps.

Bottom line, the smaller the watercraft, the more attention must be paid to forecasted direction and speed. (I'm guessing you're a little spoiled boarding up on your end of the lake. Good decisions after you get out are just that: good decisions ti be safe.

Dave