View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 10:48 AM   #31
Susie Cougar

I have been following this thread for a couple of years and still have so many questions.
I have no idea whether this is a good idea for the town or not. Who are the people that would be swimming in the pool year round? It seems like the high school would have a swim team, but other than that…?
Years ago, when I was a resident of Moultonborough, on a back lot, it never crossed my mind that it would be so nice to have an indoor swimming pool in the winter time. I got enough exercise just shoveling my driveway, handling wood for the woodstove and when I had time, riding snowmobiles. When you live in New Hampshire, as the seasons change, your outdoor activities change as well. At least, that was always the way that I thought. You come to New Hampshire to go down hill skiing in the winter, not a dip in the pool. So why would the residents expect this?
Who are the people that are pushing to try to get this past? And what is their reasoning?
I know Moultonborough has a very large tax base. Everyone talks about the millions of dollars that it would take to build the center, but nobody has mentioned (I don’t think) how much an average tax bill would go up because of it.
My sister lives in Moultonborough, on the lake, and would never vote for this. She has been complaining about taxes, just like my parents before her. She has recently retired, as has her husband. They would have no desire for this now and when they were working they wouldn’t have had any time.
Who are the people that are pushing to try to get this past? What is their reasoning? Would taxes on a back lot go up so insignificantly and taxes on waterfront go away up?
Sorry, I’ve heard my family gripe about this for over a dozen years now and I still don’t understand how it’s still going on.
Everything just seems very vague to me.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post: