Thread: New to boating
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 06:33 AM   #12
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF-NH View Post
I don't recall the name of the company but there is a national company that charges an annual membership fee which allows you to "use" their fleet of boats. This allows you to try various types and sizes of boats. If you are starting at ground zero....this might be a good first year investment. Of course get your boating certificate first.
The largest one is the Freedom Boat Club. They have over 300 locations but none are on Winnipesaukee. In rough numbers, the last time I looked into it, initiation was about $5,500 and monthly dues are about $275.

You get unlimited boat use at your "home" club and up to 4 times a year at each other club in the system. They have a snowbird program that you pay a reduced fee but you can only use boats 6 months per year.

For the right person, when you consider insurance and depreciation, and what salt water does to your boat, it is a great deal. It would be nice to just hand the keys back to someone when you are done, and I always hated putting canvas on until I found a solution.

Last edited by TiltonBB; 04-26-2022 at 07:15 AM.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: