View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 06:48 AM   #14
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshipley View Post
Need some advice on renting or purchasing a propane tank in the Plymouth area this fall. I’ll be heating a 2200 sq. Foot house and small gas fire place. I have no experience with propane in the past regarding permits, inspections and delivery rates. I assume I’ll need a 1000 gallon tank but beyond that, I’m lost. Thanks
Don't assume anything.

My cost to purchase an above ground 500 gallon tank was about $2,200 or thereabout. Do check property line set backs.

The 1,000 gallon tanks I have observed are all underground. If you do go underground there may be an annual rental fee. If not owned.

I own my above ground tanks.

You may find out that it is difficult to find a place to sell and set the tank.
If this is new propane to a home then most towns require the building inspector visit.

My purchase of propane tank was not so much a cost savings for propane. But more toward the big trucks driving over my yard every time a different propane company was used. As each company takes their tank away and the new propane company puts in their used tank.

And if tank is not owned. Every time you switch companies. They will state that they have to come with a pumper truck to take any remaining propane out of tank - for a charge/fee to you. Yes, you will get credit for the propane. But charged to remove any residual propane in tank.

If this is a new house. Oil is a better choice. So much less propane company aggravation. And more heating BTU than propane.

For the gas fireplace. All that is needed is one of the smaller propane tanks
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post: