View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
Loony Singer

Default lotsa fun...but one word of caution!

Yup, double tubing is a barrel of laughs...we did it for years when our kids were still kids.

FYI, if you have two people on tubes, you need two spotters. We got stopped by Marine Patrol once and warned about this.

But there is one situation to be careful of, from our experience. We were out in a friend's boat with my son in one tube and his in the other. His son, who probably outweighed ours by 50%, was inside the wake and ours was outside. My buddy was at the helm, and he was an expert at making mayhem with the tubes. He took a sharp turn, sending his son careening outside the wake on the same side where my son was. One problem: the tube inside the wake sits higher than the one outside the wake. So when his son's tube came skidding across, it actually sliced across directly ABOVE the tube my son was in. Imagine a hundred pounds or so impacting the side of your head at a high rate of speed.

Somehow, my son saw the other tube coming across at him and ducked down, so the other tube went right over him and no harm was done. In fact, the kids thought it was hilarious. But we adults on the boat were scared serious in a hurry.
Loony Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links