View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #41
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrasahs
They've been archiving videotapes of "disruptive boaters", and guess what?
Umm, I give up, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrasahs
Biggus is featured in their videotapes!
Ohmigosh! Not Biggus!

Quickly, I rushed to click on the link provided (I have been wanting to see the new drives), only to see this:

Dear website visitor:
We have temporarily removed the boat noise videos from our website so as to more clearly emphasize LRSLA's broad mission.

This was less than an hour after the link to these videos of alleged 'disruptive boater' activity was posted.

Too bad. I did want to see the Konrads.

It is possible that the server was not able to handle all the requests (from people who wanted to see the new outdrives ), so the webmaster disabled it until they could get set up for more bandwidth. I imagine that won't take long, as I hear that this particular website is very well funded by a private individual.

Or perhaps the webmaster was threatened with some sort of legal action, as this type of behavior (posting videos of people you don't like) seems to border on harassment/stalking if you ask me.

BTW, Biggus was the first person in this area to test a special new, high-performace outdrive from Konrad Marine. The Mercury TRS outdrives have a well-known tendency to self destruct under high loads. In addition to being stronger, the Konrad outdrives have less drag, resulting in lower fuel consumption. Since broken outdrives contribute to the waste stream, not to mention the possibility of a damaged outdrive leaking oil into our lakes, we should applaud Biggus (and Konrad) for making the significant financial investment in a better quality, environmentally friendly product.

www.konradmarine.com

Rob