View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 07:48 AM   #21
madrasahs

Cool Where the real Thunder belongs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing
Conspiracy? Are you for real?
There's no such thing as a Vast Night Wing Conspiracy. (It rhymes, you may have noticed, with another "conspiracy").

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUH
Why do sailboats usually have the little infernal combustion engine running ..And do they feel since they are so inadiquately powered that the can skirt the ROW laws..
I can't speak for all powered sailboats, as I don't have one. They do have one collision-avoidance advantage, though, in that they can turn on a dime regardless of speed -- something your boat can't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder
How is it that you can use other screen names properly and not mine?
Nothing personal...It's just that "Product Identification" offshore thing.

But I had just read of 24-year-old, 5' 2", Ellen MacArthur's offshore sailing, where she raced around the world non-stop ALONE -- finishing second in 79 days -- and had to climb an 80-foot mast to fix an antenna in the effort.

Think of all the males with boat names associated with "Thunder" (Black Thunder, Thunder-Struck, EMI Thunder, Active Thunder, Distant Thunder, and the oxymoronic Silent Thunder.

All that these "thunder men" have in common is an ignition key, machismo, noise -- and maybe just a little arrogance. Nothing personal, but it "steals the thunder" from Ellen MacArthur's offshore exploits, if you know what I mean. Ellen makes them "Girlie-Men" by comparison.

Her book, Taking on the World is available on-line, and will help support this forum if purchased through the book store at http://www.winnipesaukee.com/howtohelp.html.
Attached Images

Last edited by madrasahs; 09-04-2004 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Add photos. Yes, It's Love.